Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by AK <kn...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/10 12:11:45 UTC

Deleting Older Versions

Hello People,

I have been wondering if I can delete or uninstall older versions of Office
Org.  I have been using it for ages now and just love it and I have just
downloaded/installed 4.1 thanks to the wonderful way you let users know of
new versions by the link in the programs.  It is every bit as good as MS
Office which is so expensive and not worth the money.

I do find it hard though to find what I am looking for i.e.: I could not
find my question anywhere so maybe you could let me know the link to answers
such as mine.

Keep up the great work!

Angie

Re: Deleting Older Versions

Posted by ci...@gmx.com.
If it's no trouble - what about the folders and files that remain in
the user/library/application support (on a mac) even after you have
deleted the software? . Mine currently has these folders:

OOo-dev
ooo-dev-aqua
OpenOffice.org
OpenOffice.org-acqua
OpenOffice.org2

and would have some for OO 3 had it not been necessary to revert to an
old hard disk because the usual one crashed.

Can all these go?

Many thanks.

On 11 May 2014, at 16:56, James Knott wrote:

AK wrote:
> I have been wondering if I can delete or uninstall older versions of
> Office Org.  I have been using it for ages now and just love it and I
> have just downloaded/installed 4.1 thanks to the wonderful way you let
> users know of new versions by the link in the programs.  It is every
> bit as good as MS Office which is so expensive and not worth the
> money.

I always remove the old version if it doesn't happen automagically.

Re: Deleting Older Versions

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.