Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by quanta <qu...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/14 07:23:19 UTC

Does Hadoop 0.20.205 and Ganglia 3.1.7 compatible with each other ?

Hi Varun Kapoor,

I've been trying to debug but unfortunately, I get the "No stack."
message from the gdb.
Here're the details:

  * Hadoop: 1.0
  * Ganglia: 3.1.7

    # gdb /usr/sbin/gmetad
    GNU gdb (GDB) CentOS (7.0.1-42.el5.centos)
    <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
    There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show
    copying"
    and "show warranty" for details.
    This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu".
    Reading symbols from /usr/sbin/gmetad...(no debugging symbols
    found)...done.
    (gdb) r --conf=/etc/ganglia/gmetad.conf
    Starting program: /usr/sbin/gmetad --conf=/etc/ganglia/gmetad.conf
    Detaching after fork from child process 6783.

    Program exited normally.

Wait for gmetad crash with following error in /var/log/messages:

    /usr/sbin/gmetad[6784]: *** buffer overflow detected ***:
    /usr/sbin/gmetad terminated

    (gdb) bt
    No stack.
    (gdb) info locals
    No frame selected.

It sounds like gmetad catch the exception in the itself and (gdb) cannot
get any information.

I'll trying apply your patch for gmetad and let you know if it works.