Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "INIGOIRI@terra.es" <IN...@terra.es> on 2009/02/28 13:32:56 UTC

Remote HDFS

Hello Everybody,
I'm using HDFS in order to store checkpoints and it would be usefull to me to always try to store data in other nodes different to the one that is storing the information.

I know is not the initial idea of HDFS which always try to store data locally. Is there any way to achieve this "always remote storing".

I think that making this change in the code wouldn't be too difficult and I've been taking a look to Namenode code but I could not find where to change it.

Any idea or suggestion?

Thanks,
Íñigo

Ahora tambi&eacute;n puedes acceder a tu correo Terra desde el m&oacute;vil.

Inf&oacute;rmate pinchando aqu&iacute;.