Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by MZ <mi...@destatis.de> on 2011/07/22 13:34:44 UTC

Redelivery Policy Setting

Dear all,

We are using activemq version 5.3 / 5.4 with tomcat 6, persistent message
and transacted session.

We do the Redelivery Policy Setting in the brokerURL in the resource
definition in tomcat context file like following(in version 5.4):

<Resource name="ConnectionFactory"
        auth="Container"
        type="org.apache.activemq.pool.AmqJNDIPooledConnectionFactory"
        description="JMS Connection Factory"
        factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"

brokerURL="tcp://localhost:61616?keepAlive=true&amp;jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=1000&amp;jms.copyMessageOnSend=false&amp;jms.redeliveryPolicy.initialRedeliveryDelay=0&amp;jms.redeliveryPolicy.deliveryDelay=600000&amp;jms.redeliveryPolicy.maximumRedeliveries=1"
        brokerName="idb-broker"
        useEmbeddedBroker="false"
    />

The problem we face to in both versions are:
1. The deliveryDelay setting is ignored from the broker. The consumer
received the message again immediately. We have also try to rise only the
property initialRedeliveryDelay. It has no effect.
2. The property maximumRedeliveries is accepted from the broker. But, the
message will be redelivered +1  time more.

We want to do the delivery policy  setting per configuration - I mean not
programmticly.  So we have two ways to do it - with brokerURL or xbean.

Our questions:
1. Are there any properties missing in our brokerURL setting, which the
redeliveryPolicy depend on?
2. When we use the xbean configuration instead of using brokerURL, Where
should we insert the Element redeliveryPolicy? According to the schema, this
element is only allowed in Element connectionFactory. Is there any sample to
do this configuration?

Greetings,

MZ

Re: Redelivery Policy Setting

Posted by MZ <mi...@destatis.de>.
Dear all,

is there bugs in redelivery mechanism in terms of initialRedeliveryDelay and
maximumRedeliveries? According to my tests:
1. The initialRedeliveryDelay takes effect after 2. Redelivery(rollback) of
a message.
2. A message will be redeliveried one more time than the setting.

Greetings,

MZ