Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jeffrey Schneller <je...@envisa.com> on 2010/01/26 18:36:11 UTC

Wizard busy indicators

I am trying to figure out how I could add a busy indicator to my wizard
so that when transitioning between  steps the busy indicator appears.
The transition between steps in my wizard may take a long time.

1.        How could this be done with just Wicket?

2.       How could this be done using JQuery and Wicket?

Also, how would I add a busy indicator to a dropdown within a wizard
panel with an onchange behavior.  I tried adding an
inidicatingAjaxButton instead of using the onchange behavior but can't
seem to access the model correctly to get the value of the dropdown.
Any ideas??

Thanks.

RE: Wizard busy indicators

Posted by Jeffrey Schneller <je...@envisa.com>.
Martin,

Thanks.  That should do it.  I should be able to use Jquery instead using the functions provided.

You do not need Wicket to make a busy indicator. It's plain HTML + JavaScript.

The only thing about wicket that is relevant is that you want to
remove the busy indicator after ajax-request has been processed.

Here is an example:
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/generic-busy-indicator-for-both-ajax-and-non-ajax-submits.html

**
Martin