Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Betty Chang <be...@portalwave.com> on 2001/04/04 02:56:09 UTC

question about uploading files and multipart/form-data FORMS

Hi All -- With Tomcat, I have no problems submitting forms with ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data"  and uploading files into my server.

However, when I was using Apache/JServ, certain files will not upload because the code that reads the uploaded data dies on a  read() call somewhere with an application null error.
I cannot determine what causes the problem -- it's not the type of file, or anything, such certain files, and .doc files seem to be the most troublesome.

Has anyone else seen this problem with apache/Jserv,  but not with Tomcat?

Thanks

Betty

Portal Wave, Inc.
Catalyst for Collaborative Commerce
www.portalwave.com

Re: question about uploading files and multipart/form-data FORMS

Posted by Betty Chang <be...@portalwave.com>.
HI Andreas -- Thanks for your reply.  I also have no problem with tomcat.

It's Apache with JServ that causes me problems.  So I was wondering if there is a problem just with Jserv.

I believe another Email on this read said that it is a known problem with an earlier JServ

Betty

  I am using the perfect class from O'Reilly (MultiPartReuqest) for uploading files.
  This classes works fine for me. I never had any problems with Tomcat
  and uploading any kind of file. OK, I haven't tested all types of files to
  be honest but so far everything is fine. Try this classes.

  WBR

  Andreas

AW: question about uploading files and multipart/form-data FORMS