Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hans Wichman <ha...@trimm.nl> on 2004/07/08 13:35:25 UTC

tomcat hangs, top displays 99%

Hi,
while stresstesting my application using tomcat 4.1.29, oracle, dbcp
connection pooling and a stresstest tool, I see the amount of my
connections in my pool fluctuate (as expected). At a certain while I still
have plenty connections left in the pool, errors start occuring:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: setAttribute: Session already invalidated

and after this has happened for a while (some processing proceeds
normally), I get:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
... root cause ...
javax.servlet.ServletException:
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:536)
	at org.apache.jsp.header_jsp._jspService(header_jsp.java:293)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)

at this point tomcat hangs. If I shutdown the stresstest tool, tomcat still
displays at 99% when running top (freebsd).

Does anybody know why these errors occur, and why after stopping the
stresstest, tomcat is still at 99%?
I don't see any out of memory errors or something like that, and don't
really know where to start exploring the problem.

thanks in advance
Hans W

Re: tomcat hangs, top displays 99%

Posted by Jon Wingfield <jo...@mkodo.com>.
Just a thought. Does your error page also have header.jsp included?
Have you got yourself into an infinite loop of "Session already
invalidated" IllegalStateExceptions?

Jon