Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by JP Kelly <li...@jpkvideo.net> on 2008/01/21 18:06:32 UTC

google spams

Enough is enough!
SA has been working so well for me all these years I guess I am spoiled.
I woke up this morning and had 5 Google spams and one legit email and
I've had it.

I noticed a somewhat lengthy discussion on the subject here.
I am not able to write my own rules or regex.
Is there a quick and dirty way to give these spams a higher score?
I am using SA 3.2.3 and these message typically score around 4.5.

Thanks.

Re: google spams

Posted by David Gibbs <da...@midrange.com>.
mouss wrote:
> uri GOOGLE_SEARCH_BTNI    m{gooo?gle\..*/search.*btnI=}

Loose the last equals sign, I've seen similar samples come through
without it.

david

Re: google spams

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.
JP Kelly wrote:

> From:     Avis.Hathaway@thinkexist.com
> Subject:     She'll Beg for More..
> Date:     January 21, 2008 10:34:15 AM PST
> To:     jp@jpkvideo.com
>
> body:
> ------------------------------
>
> Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:34:15 -0100
>
> http://google.com//search?hl=en&q=inurl:rhtawy.com%2BVPXL%2BMade%2BEasy&btnI=79547

so that's similar to the one discussed in the thread
    "Re: Googlepages & Livefilestore spams"
see that thread and look for a message by Ben Lentz (10-10-2008 04:56).

maybe something like this (Warning: untested):

uri GOOGLE_SEARCH_BTNI    m{gooo?gle\..*/search.*btnI=}
score GOOGLE_SEARCH_BTNI  2.0
describe GOOGLE_SEARCH_BTNI  contains

PS. who is smallgod.com? I would block the blasphematory MTA ;-p
If it's your MTA, then see if the PBL is safe for you to use at the MTA
level.

Re: google spams

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, JP Kelly wrote:

> > JP Kelly wrote:
>
> >> I am not able to write my own rules or regex.

Does that mean "I don't know how to write regular expressions", or "my
SA install doesn't permit me to add rules"?

If the former, then the rules I and others have posted over the past
week will work. Use my rule, or the rulesets others have posted.

If the latter, then ask whoever *can* add rules to your SA to add some
google rules - point them at the list archives.

If you do have the adminstrative rights to add rules but you don't
know how to do that, that's another topic - "how do I add custom
rules?" - that has nothing do do with Google spams per se.

> http://google.com//search?hl=en&q=inurl:rhtawy.com%2BVPXL%2BMade%2BEasy&btnI=79547

Yeah, that's what we've posted rules for.

  USMC Rules of Gunfighting #20: The faster you finish the fight,
  the less shot you will get.
 Today: John Moses Browning's 153rd Birthday

Re: google spams

Posted by JP Kelly <li...@jpkvideo.net>.
On Jan 21, 2008, at 9:26 AM, mouss wrote:

> JP Kelly wrote:
>> Enough is enough!
>> SA has been working so well for me all these years I guess I am
>> spoiled.
>> I woke up this morning and had 5 Google spams and one legit email
>> and I've had it.
>>
>> I noticed a somewhat lengthy discussion on the subject here.
>> I am not able to write my own rules or regex.
>> Is there a quick and dirty way to give these spams a higher score?
>> I am using SA 3.2.3 and these message typically score around 4.5.
>

> show samples. Otherwise, it's hard to know that everybody is talking
> about the same spam.

here is a typical example:
------------------------------

headers: