Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Java SV <sv...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/24 21:39:01 UTC

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: socket write error

Hello there,

I'm using DBCP with Oracle 9i and JDBC Thin Driver.
After a few DB roundtrips, when I try to execute a
simple query, I get the following exception:

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: socket write
error (code=10053)

Original Stack Trace:
java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: socket write
error (code=10053)
	at
oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(Compiled
Code)
	at
com.interlynx.custom.domain.snapshot.dao.SubscriberSnapshotJdbcDAO.prepareSelectSnapshot(SubscriberSnapshotJdbcDAO.java:245)
	at
com.interlynx.custom.domain.snapshot.dao.SubscriberSnapshotJdbcDAO.findSnapshot(SubscriberSnapshotJdbcDAO.java:77)
	at
com.interlynx.custom.domain.snapshot.SubscriberSnapshotService.findSnapshot(SubscriberSnapshotService.java:87)
	at
com.interlynx.custom.domain.snapshot.SubscriberSnapshotHelper.getLastSavedSubscriberSnapshot(SubscriberSnapshotHelper.java:54)

This doesnt happen on the Dev but is happening quite
frequently on QA. Any thoughts/help is greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Ven

Environment:
Server Code on NT4 SP6
Oracle Database on AIX

Configuration Settings:
pool.MaxActive=10
pool.MaxIdle=10

pool.TestConnectionsOnBorrow=true
pool.TestConnectionsOnReturn=false
pool.TestConnectionsOnReserve=true

pool.ValidationQuery=select * from dual

pool.TimeBetweenEvictionRunsInMillis = 1000 * 60 * 5 #
5 Minutes

# Abandoned Config Parameters
pool.EnableAbandonedConfig=true
pool.RemoveAbandoned=true