Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk> on 2003/03/20 04:25:22 UTC

Data disappeared after restarting tomcat

I am using Linux 7.2 and tomcat 4.0.12 with slide 1.0.16. I discover that
wehen I restart tomcat, the data previous stored through Windows File
explorer cannot be accessed anymore (disappeared!). However, the data are
actually still in the server. Here is my Domain.xml for the dinfition of
namespace 'slide':

    <definition>
      <store name="memory">
        <nodestore
classname="slidestore.reference.MemoryDescriptorsStore">
        </nodestore>
        <securitystore>
          <reference store="nodestore" />
        </securitystore>
        <lockstore>
          <reference store="nodestore" />
        </lockstore>
        <revisiondescriptorsstore>
          <reference store="nodestore" />
        </revisiondescriptorsstore>
        <revisiondescriptorstore>
          <reference store="nodestore" />
        </revisiondescriptorstore>
        <contentstore classname="slidestore.reference.FileContentStore">
          <parameter
name="rootpath">/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/webapps/slide/contentstore</parameter>
          <parameter name="version">false</parameter>
          <parameter name="resetBeforeStarting">false</parameter>
        </contentstore>
      </store>
      <scope match="/" store="memory" />
    </definition>

I have set a absoute path for the rootpath and resetBeforeStarting to
false. However, after restarting tomcat, I cannot access the data stored
previously through windows explorer anymore although they actually still
are in the server. How to solve this?

Re: Data disappeared after restarting tomcat

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk> writes:

> Where to download slide 2.0.0? I've checked for
> Resource->CVS->jarkarta-slide, slide 2.0.0 doesn't exist at the selction
> box for BRANCH.
> Is slide 2.0.0 a nightly build version?

There is no slide 2.0 release. If people refer to slide 2,
the mean, what you get from the cvs HEAD.

--
Martin Holz     <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>

Softwareentwicklung / Vernetztes Studium - Chemie
FIZ CHEMIE Berlin
Franklinstrasse 11
D-10587 Berlin

Re: Data disappeared after restarting tomcat

Posted by an...@gmx.net.
> > If Versioning is enabled, version resources are below /history.
> > Slide 1.0.16 doesn't support DeltaV versioning.
> > Download latest 2.0.0 from cvs. See the Jakarta site or the archiv for
> > instruction. I sent several messages with this topic.
> >
> > Read the DeltaV spec. There it is explained, how versioning with DeltaV
> > works.
> >
> Where to download slide 2.0.0? I've checked for
> Resource->CVS->jarkarta-slide, slide 2.0.0 doesn't exist at the selction
> box for BRANCH.
> Is slide 2.0.0 a nightly build version?

I've answerd this so often...

Please see
http://www.mail-archive.com/slide-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg02935.html

Andreas

Re: Permission setting for child directories

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
filespath is defined three times. I wonder, that slide is working at all.
Not sure, if this is the only reason of your problems. Domain.xml is one
of the most frightening parts of slide.

Posted by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk>.
> What is the behaviour of slide with this configuration?
But I can use other user account to access the /cnc/cidax

I've now added a new line under manage permission
          <permission
action="/actions/read" subject="/users/wah" inheritable="false"/>

Maybe I attach my Domain.xml as well.. Thanks

Posted by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk>.
I have now a filepath /cnc and a child node /cnc/cidax, I have also some
users 'anson,'wah', and a group called 'CNC'. Now, they have right to
access /cnc with different permission level, and I want to set the
permission such that only 'wah' has the right to access /cnc/cidax. How to
set this? I've tried the 'inheritable' in Domain.xml but I fail. What's
the problem?

        <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode"
         uri="/cnc" >

          <!-- ### Give read/write/manage permission to guest ###
               Uncomment the following line to give permission to do
               all actions on /cnc to guest (unauthenticated users) -->
          <!-- <permission action="/actions" subject="/users/guest"/> -->

          <permission
action="/actions/manage" subject="/users/wah" inheritable="false"/>
          <permission
action="/actions/read" subject="+/users/CNC" inheritable="false"/>
          <permission
action="/actions/write" subject="+/users/CNC" inheritable="false"/>
          <permission
action="/actions/read" subject="/users/anson" inheritable="false"/>
<!--          <permission action="/actions/read" subject="nobody"/>-->

        </objectnode>

        <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode"
         uri="/cnc/cidax">

          <!-- ### Give read/write/manage permission to guest ###
               Uncomment the following line to give permission to do
               all actions on /cnc/cidax to guest (unauthenticated

Re: Config Realm Problem with Tomcat 4.0.12

Posted by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk>.
On 21 Mar 2003, Martin Holz wrote:

> Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk> writes:
>
> > I've config with server.xml by replacing
> >
> > <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"/>
> > with
> > <Realm className="wrappers.catalina.SlideRealm"/>
> >
> > However, the following error prompts out ..
> >
> > java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> >         at
> > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> >         at
>
> Did you move the slide jars to CATALINA_HOME/common/lib ?
> Tomcat itself must find the slide classes at startup.
Yes already .

Re: Config Realm Problem with Tomcat 4.0.12

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.

Posted by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk>.
I've config with server.xml by replacing

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"/>
with
<Realm className="wrappers.catalina.SlideRealm"/>

However, the following error prompts out ..

        at
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)
Caused
by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/realm/RealmBase
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:250)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)

I think that some of you may face this problems before, do you have a
solution to it? Thanks

Re: Data disappeared after restarting tomcat

Posted by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk>.

Posted by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk>.
Thanks Taisuke Yamada,

Re: Config of Slide 2.0

Posted by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk>.
Does anyone has the installation/ Configuration Guide for Slide2.0?
I try to follow the one given by slid2.0 but I find that the directory
architecture provided is different from my slide.

Config of Slide 2.0

Posted by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk>.
I want to ask about configuration of slide 2.0

According the RUNNING.txt file under jakarta-slide directory

* Deploy the Slide server (WebDAV server) within your web server like:

  1) Common jars like slide-stores.jar, slide-roles.jar, slide-kernel.jar,
     slide-webdavservlet.jar, commons-dbcp.jar, commons-pool.jar, jta.jar,
etc

    - On a Windows platform

      copy %SLIDE_HOME%\slide\lib\*.jar %WEB_SERVER%\common\lib

    - On a Unix platform

      cp $SLIDE_HOME/slide/lib/*.jar $WEB_SERVER/common/lib

  2) Jars for the web server like slide-jmxwrapper.jar and
slide-jndiwrapper.jar

    - On a Windows platform

      copy %SLIDE_HOME%\slide\wrappers\*.jar $WEB_SERVER\server\lib

    - On a Unix platform

  3) Slide web applications like slide.war, slide-admin.war and
slide-doc.war

    - On a Windows platform

      copy %SLIDE_HOME%\slide\webapp\*.war %WEB_SERVER%\webapps

    - On a Unix platform

      cp $SLIDE_HOME/slide/webapp/*.war $WEB_SERVER/webapps

  4) Start and stop your web server to extract the war files

     Or

     You can unjar the war files with jar like:

     - On a Windows platform

       cd %WEB_SERVER%\webapps
       mkdir slide (for example, slide.war)
       move slide.war slide

I am using Linux, I find that the directory structure of slide2.0 is
different from slide1.0.16 such that I can't find slide directory under
%SLIDE_HOME% and I can't find wrapper directory files under
jakarta-slide directory ....
I find wrappers directory under src instead.
and I can't find any wrappers jar files under the wrapper directory..

I don't know how to config actually..

Re: JDBCDescriptorsStore

Posted by an...@gmx.net.
> I've 'solved' the problem... I find that when I restart tomcat, the
> slidestructure.* files will be generated under the directory where I
> restart tomcat.
>
> This problem can be solved if I restart tomcat under slide directory so
> that those files can be accessed ...
>
> Actually, how to config such that those files can be created in a given
> path?

Try to specify an absolute path like the following:

<parameter name="url">jdbc:hsqldb:c:\directory\slidestructure</parameter>

Andreas

Re: JDBCDescriptorsStore

Re: JDBCDescriptorsStore

Posted by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk>.
I still can't solve the problem ...

I have put hsql.jar inside common\lib and still can't access the slide ..
Here is my Domain.xml.

    <definition>
      <store name="jdbc">
        <nodestore classname="slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore">
         <parameter name="driver">org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver</parameter>
         <parameter name="url">jdbc:hsqldb:slidestructure</parameter>
         <parameter name="user">sa</parameter>
         <parameter name="password"></parameter>
        </nodestore>
        <securitystore>
          <reference store="nodestore" />
        </securitystore>
        <lockstore>
          <reference store="nodestore" />
        </lockstore>
        <revisiondescriptorsstore>
          <reference store="nodestore" />
        </revisiondescriptorsstore>
        <revisiondescriptorstore>
          <reference store="nodestore" />
        </revisiondescriptorstore>
        <contentstore classname="slidestore.reference.FileContentStore">
          <parameter
name="rootpath">/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/webapps/slide/contentstore</parameter>
          <parameter name="version">true</parameter>
          <parameter name="resetBeforeStarting">false</parameter>
        </contentstore>
      </store>
      <scope match="/" store="jdbc" />
    </definition>

Here is my catalina.out which notice the exception..

24 Mar 2003 16:05:09 - org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller - INFO -
Object a
lready exists at /ocf
24 Mar 2003 16:05:09 - org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller - INFO -
object /cnc
24 Mar 2003 16:05:09 - org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller - INFO -
Object a
lready exists at /cnc
24 Mar 2003 16:05:09 - org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller - INFO -
object /public
24 Mar 2003 16:05:09 - org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller - INFO -
Object a
lready exists at /public
24 Mar 2003 16:05:09 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - INFO - Finish
init na
mespace slide configuration
24 Mar 2003 16:05:09 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - INFO - Loading
namesp
ace slide configuration
24 Mar 2003 16:05:09 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain - ERROR -
java.lang.ClassC
astException
java.lang.ClassCastException
        at
org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceConfig.getActionNode(NamespaceConfig
.java:1030)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceConfig.initializeNamespaceConfig(Nam
espaceConfig.java:606)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.Namespace.loadConfiguration(Namespace.java:84
1)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.initNamespace(Domain.java:800)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.init(Domain.java:448)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.init(Domain.java:398)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.init(Domain.java:361)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet.init(WebdavServlet.java:403)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet.init(WebdavServlet.java:324)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:85
2)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContex
t.java:3267)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3
384)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:78
5)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:454)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:712)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:599
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:777)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
:463)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
eSupport.java:155)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1131)
[...]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:612)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1123)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:307
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:3
88)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:505
)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:776)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:681)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1
24 Mar 2003 16:05:37 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain - WARNING - Access
denied
on / by user woodas for action /actions/read
24 Mar 2003 16:05:37 - org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet - INFO -
OPTIONS =
200 OK (time: 252 ms) URI = /
24 Mar 2003 16:05:37 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain - WARNING - Access
denied
on / by user woodas for action /actions/read
24 Mar 2003 16:05:37 -
org.apache.slide.transaction.SlideTransactionManager - IN
FO - Rollback Transaction 6 xid HttpProcessor[8080][3]-1048493137607-6- in
threa
d HttpProcessor[8080][3]
24 Mar 2003 16:05:37 - org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet - INFO -
PROPFIND =
 403 Forbidden (time: 218 ms) URI = /

Does anyone has idea or experience to due with it? Thanks

Re: JDBCDescriptorsStore

Posted by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk>.
Anyone knows which location to store the content of hsql database?

I find that I can't access slide when I use JDBCDescriptorStore but
previously I haven't this problem.

JDBCDescriptorsStore

Posted by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk>.
I want to use JDBCDescriptorsStore, however, it can't work successfully
after I login. Using MemoryDescriptorStore is successful.

I've put all slide*.jar, hsqldb.jar to common/lib of tomcat. Thanks

Re: Data disappeared after restarting tomcat

Posted by Taisuke Yamada <ta...@iij.ad.jp>.

--
Taisuke Yamada <ta...@iij.ad.jp>
Internet Initiative Japan Inc., Technical Planning Division

Re: Data disappeared after restarting tomcat

Posted by an...@gmx.net.
> I am using Linux 7.2 and tomcat 4.0.12 with slide 1.0.16. I discover that
> wehen I restart tomcat, the data previous stored through Windows File
> explorer cannot be accessed anymore (disappeared!). However, the data are
> actually still in the server. Here is my Domain.xml for the dinfition of
> namespace 'slide':
>
>     <definition>
>       <store name="memory">
>         <nodestore
> classname="slidestore.reference.MemoryDescriptorsStore">

It will be lost after restart. Use for instance JDBCDescriptorsStore