Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Tâm Huynh <ta...@nterra.com> on 2003/10/06 18:12:29 UTC

Role Management Bug/Todo?

Hi,

I've played around with the role management features and ran into a
problem. These are the steps I took:

1. login as admin
2. choose the 'Security Role Browser' and add a new role 'test'
3. choose the 'User Browser' and assign the role 'test' to user X
4. choose the 'Security Role Browser' and remove the role 'test'
5. try to login as user X

Then, depending on which (security) implementation I use, I get the
following errors:

[JS 1.4b3, using the default TurbineUserManagement]:
"Failed to update last login : Failed to retrieve roles : Failed to
select one and only one row."

[JS 1.4b4, using LDAPUserManagement]:
"Failed to update last login : Failed to retrieve groups"

Apparently that is because when roles are deleted, no cascading deletes
happen, i.e. the user is still associated with the (deleted) role. When
I delete the role/user association manually in LDAP, for example, the
user can log in again. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug?

Cheers,
Tâm

Jetspeed aplication development tools.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Can anyone give me a bit of strategic advice?
I have moved our Jetspeed portal development into Eclipse and it seems like
a "good thing" in terms of understanding the file layout and handling the
cvs interactions. I like Eclipse's ability to edit the various files
required and to get them ready for a test with Ant.

1) Is this a common or recommended environment?

2) Where does maven fit in with this?

It seems that I am carrying a lot of extra baggage by having the whole
jetspeed tree in my project.
I an wondering if I can get rid of all of the sources and just keep those
elemets that I need to build the application using the Jetspeed jar. I would
probably keep a jetspeed development project as released so that I have
reference to the original code and docs but for my application development
project, I would like to get it down to just the bare essentials to make it
easier to understand and quicker to build the war file each time. I hope
that this will make it easier to move to Jetspeed2 when it comes out since I
should only have to deal wit hthe stuff that I made or modified.

3) Is it realistic to think that I can build an application without
modifying the jetspeed classes that are in the Jetspeed jar. I am assuming
that the jetspeed tutorial has taken a similar approach since their jar is
very small compared to the jetspeed.jar.
4) What do I have to keep?
5) Do I have to change the Ant build.xml if I get rid of the classes that I
am not modifying.

If I missed something in my reading of the jetspeed documentation that
describes how to set up an an application development environment, let me
know.