Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Wesley Small <We...@mtvstaff.com> on 2009/03/06 17:26:26 UTC

DIH Solr1.4

I am evaluating the DIH in Solr 1.4-DEV and am receiving a Null Pointer
Exception when the import process begins.  Here are the details:

[LOG MESSAGE]
2009-03-06 11:06:04,635 ERROR [STDERR] (http-0.0.0.0-20080-Processor3) Mar
6, 2009 11:06:04 AM org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter
doFullImport
SEVERE: Full Import failed
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Calendar.setTime(Calendar.java:1032)
        at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format(SimpleDateFormat.java:785)
        at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format(SimpleDateFormat.java:778)
        at java.text.DateFormat.format(DateFormat.java:314)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.execute(DocBuilder.java:147)

[SRC: DocBuilder.java:147]
lastIndexTimeProps.setProperty(LAST_INDEX_KEY,
DataImporter.DATE_TIME_FORMAT.get().format(dataImporter.getIndexStartTime())
);

I can see that the indexing "start time" is indeed stored in the
dataimport.properties.

Is there an additional configuration that needs to be set for the
DataImporter.DATE_TIME_FORMAT to correctly execute?

Cheers

Re: DIH Solr1.4

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Wesley Small <We...@mtvstaff.com>wrote:

> I am using:
>
> Solr Implementation Version: 1.4-dev 750448 - smallwes - 2009-03-05
> 08:01:30

Thanks Wesley. I guess you were using the debug mode or the dataimport.jsp
to test your changes?

This bug is triggered when using debug mode or the dataimport.jsp. If you
explicitly add commit=true to the request, then it will work fine. I just
committed a fix in trunk. The next nightly build will pick this change.
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: DIH Solr1.4

Posted by Wesley Small <We...@mtvstaff.com>.
I am using: