Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by mf...@mchsi.com on 2005/01/01 10:07:39 UTC

[users@httpd] 4GB File size limit

Hi,

I need to be able to download files of size > 4GB from a machine running apache.
I would prefer it be apache 1.3.3.3, but 2.0.52 is fine if the former is not
possible. The other machines are connected on a LAN. Here's what I've done so far:

Compiled 1.3.3.3 on Fedora 3 with -DLARGE_FILES_SOURCE -DFILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
options. Installed, ran, and was able to pass the 2GB file size limit, but not
the 4GB one. When trying to download a file > 4GB, it would just download the
portion greater than 4GB. For example, if the file was 4.2GB, when I did the
download, it would just transfer 0.2GB.

Compiled 2.0.52 on windows. Added some print statements to print the size of
apr_off_t and it was of size 8, which means that large files should
theoretically be supported. However, when I installed and ran apache, I again
got the truncated file problem.

I have also searched the list archives high and low and have not found an answer
to this. Is there any way that apache, either 1.3.3.3 or 2.0.52, can support
file sizes of > 4GB? Thanks.

-Matt

Re: [users@httpd] 4GB File size limit

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 09:07:39 +0000, mfbscs@mchsi.com <mf...@mchsi.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to be able to download files of size > 4GB from a machine running apache.
> I would prefer it be apache 1.3.3.3, but 2.0.52 is fine if the former is not
> possible. The other machines are connected on a LAN. Here's what I've done so far:

There is a thread within the last day or so on the dev@httpd list that
discusses this issue.  Check the archives of that list.

Joshua.

RE: [users@httpd] 4GB File size limit

Posted by Patrick A Healey <pa...@nasa.gov>.
I could be off base here but are they windows machines?  I know that FAT32
hard drives have a 4GB limit, where as NTFS doesn't.

Thanks,

Patrick

Posted by RON FLORY <ro...@adtran.com>.