Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dennis Kempin <de...@xardias.net> on 2006/09/30 09:41:32 UTC

Howto create an assembly of dependencies

Hi,

I want to create an assembly that contains all dependencies of all child
modules, but NOT the module artifacts itself. Only dependencies shall be
collected.
I already tried out this piece of code (Where prefix is a string all my
artifact id's start with):

     <moduleSet>
       <binaries>
	<excludes>
	  <exclude>prefix*</exclude>
	</excludes>
     	<includeDependencies>true</includeDependencies>
         <outputDirectory>/libs/</outputDirectory>
         <unpack>false</unpack>
       </binaries>
     </moduleSet>

All dependencies get included, but also all module artifacts get into
the assembly.
Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks :)
Dennis Kempin

Re: Howto create an assembly of dependencies

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/1/06, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Search for posts by baerrach and assembly.
>
> I show step by step how I have a separate module called
> "<project>-build" which creates an uber-archive of the dependencies
> and includes scripts for invoking the main class, etc.
>
> It also explains the difference between a dependency and a module.
> (briefly a module is just a convenient way for maven to package things
> so that you can invoke a command and have it run across those modules.
>  Modules do not affect depenencies)

Once you figure it out, please consider contributing an example to the
MAVENUSER wiki:  http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Home

--
Wendy

Re: Howto create an assembly of dependencies

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Kempin <de...@xardias.net>.
Hi Barrie,

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.