Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eric fiedler <ef...@actelesys.com> on 2003/05/30 16:12:27 UTC

apache serving as a proxy server to tomcat but cant find servlet

hi -

I have apache setup as a proxy server to machine running Tomcat hosting a
site. I can view the Tomcat site from the apache machine by using the url,
we'll say http://apache:8080/TomactMachine/index.html

The site will come up fine. However, when I try to execute a servlet off the
Tomcat site, it tells me it cannot find the particular servlet. Apache and
Tomcat are running on seperate machines. Tomcat is hosting the static pages
for its site.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Re: Guild on using MOD_JK2

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
I do not know of a conversion guide. mod_jk and mod_jk2 are configured (not
so) completely differently. The way to go to mod_jk2, is really to read the
docs on jk2 (which we know are still lacking :( )and start from scratch.

As people create good how-tos on the connectors, I try to link to them from
the faq.

http://tomcatfaq.sourceforge.net/apache.html

-Tim

Guild on using MOD_JK2

Re: apache serving as a proxy server to tomcat but cant find servlet

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Did you explicitly map your servlet in your web application's web.xml file?
 You have to map your servlet to a URL, you can't just call it.  Check the
docs and the FAQ.

John