Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Sven Richter <sr...@gmx.net> on 2005/04/27 00:00:28 UTC

How can I move the content of the right frame closer to the left navigation frame?

Hello,

I have a page (psml) just like the default page of the original jetspeed
1.5. On it I load a couple of portlets using the JetspeedContent-class,
just like on the original Jetspeed default page.
Does anybody know, how I can move the content of that right frame closer
to the left navigation frame? Currently there is an ugly big space between
the portlets in the right frame (psml-file) and the left frame. I know
that in the top.vm there's a <td>&nbsp;</td>, but that's not the problem,
since it only creates a small gap between the left and the right frame
(which is needed for the static *.vm-files). The biggest gap is created by
the right frame itself. I guess it's written in the xsl-file for the
jetspeed content (I use the original java class JetspeedContent.class; I
only change the xml- and the xsl-file). In the xsl-file I already changed
indent="yes" to indent="no" and use align=left on the top table <table ...
align="left">, but that did'nt change the problem.

Thanks a lot,
Sven.

Re: How can I move the content of the right frame closer to the left navigation frame?

Posted by Sven Richter <sr...@gmx.net>.
Hello Raphael,

did you my files? Do you have any questions?

Besides that I have an additional question: in the xml-file of the
JetspeedContent portlet there is a <link>-tag. But somehow I can only use
hardlinks (http://www.apache.org, etc.) and not dynamic like
$jslink.getPage("page"). I suppose that's because it's not rendered by the
velocity-engine. But is there a way to generate a link to a vm-file (lying
under /templates/screens like the others) other than:

http://localhost:8080/ixellence/portal/media-type/html/language/de/country/null/user/anon/page/default.psml/template/hometrend

It works but somehow I think this is not how it's meant to be.

Thanks a lot,
Sven.

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.

--