Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Coppens <pc...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/02 09:53:37 UTC

Re: session#getId changes during doGet invocation under heavy load

Thanks, I was aware of the difference between the 2 types of getSession call.

I am using "normal" JDBC calls (prepareStatement, executeQuery or
executeUpdate, commit/rollback, ...).

I have some asynchronous processing going on through a HttpSessionListener,
which does dome final cleanup and does interact with the database. Perhaps I
messed up something in that part.

Anyway, I have done more testing and by reducing the size of the tomcat
threadpool I am getting far better results. Every now and then the client
app (jmeter) gets a 503, but that is not so bad. The server no longer locks
up and overall response times are very acceptable.

Thanks to everyone for all suggestions! It has greatly improved my knowledge
on the problems one has to deal with in this type of environments.

Peter