Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/28 14:41:32 UTC

[Axis2]OMOutput and the dependancy on Java Mail jar [Is it Acceptable?]

Hi All;

After the recent changes to with the OMOutput, and work on OMTest

1) OMOutput has a dependncy on the Java Mail jar
2) OM Text has dependancy on Activation jar

that means normal Axis2 execution, (even without MTOM) needed java
mail jar for normal execution.

Is that Accceptable?

If answer is yes fine all is well!, If it is not acceptable how can we
fix it? May be tight integration of MTOM is a mistake in that case.

What do you guys think? I need a Quick answer for what we need to do
for upcoming 0.9 version and 1.0 version.

Thanks
Srinath

Re: [Axis2]OMOutput and the dependancy on Java Mail jar [Is it Acceptable?]

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Check 1.X, it's better to look for it at startup time and flag it and
then check the flag later on.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Please submit a test case for them as well.

-- dims

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.

--

"May the SourcE be with u"

Re: [Axis2]OMOutput and the dependancy on Java Mail jar [Is it Acceptable?]

Posted by Fernando Nasser <fn...@redhat.com>.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300

Re: [Axis2]OMOutput and the dependancy on Java Mail jar [Is it Acceptable?]

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Thilina,

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--

"May the SourcE be with u"

Re: [Axis2]OMOutput and the dependancy on Java Mail jar [Is it Acceptable?]

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
Thilina we do not tired to remove the dependancy from the core module
.. core module is not actually "Axis2 core" .. it so heavy. SMTP is
not in the "Axis Core", but OMOutPut indeed in it. I want to do normal
http unoptimized messgeing with least number of jars.
Thanks
Srinath

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.

--

"May the SourcE be with u"

Re: [Axis2]OMOutput and the dependancy on Java Mail jar [Is it Acceptable?]

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
+1
Can we differ this to 1.0.
I would like to have Attachment (MTOM & SwA) stuff integrated ASAP before
looking at this.
Is it OK with all???

--

"May the SourcE be with u"

Re: [Axis2]OMOutput and the dependancy on Java Mail jar [Is it Acceptable?]

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.