Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David Glasser <gl...@davidglasser.net> on 2007/09/08 16:19:30 UTC

Re: subversion installation on Parisc64

On 8/25/07, Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:

> On Aug 22, 2007, at 7:03 AM, Burkhard Neinhues wrote:
> > Please print a summary after the subversion configure is finished.
> > This summary should contain the
> > modules that'll be built or nor built. If a module is not built, at
> > least some information should be provided to point the user to
> > potential problems.
>
> While configure doesn't currently output a summary, it does output
> warnings while it runs for modules which won't be built.
>
> I'd be interested in a patch which output a summary.

I think Erik posted such a patch sometime last year.

--dave

--
David Glasser | glasser@davidglasser.net | http://www.davidglasser.net/

Re: subversion installation on Parisc64

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
On Sat, 08 Sep 2007, David Glasser wrote:

> On 8/25/07, Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Aug 22, 2007, at 7:03 AM, Burkhard Neinhues wrote:
> > > Please print a summary after the subversion configure is finished.
> > > This summary should contain the
> > > modules that'll be built or nor built. If a module is not built, at
> > > least some information should be provided to point the user to
> > > potential problems.
> >
> > While configure doesn't currently output a summary, it does output
> > warnings while it runs for modules which won't be built.
> >
> > I'd be interested in a patch which output a summary.
>
> I think Erik posted such a patch sometime last year.

He (and Kamesh?) were working on something, yeah.  IIRC, it wasn't
comprehensive (e.g. didnt' include all bindings info, etc.).  That
said, I'd still like to see it committed -- it'll at least give us a
spot to add the missing info.