Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com> on 2002/09/10 00:31:39 UTC

IS AJP13 Reliable with SSL?

I bet the answer is no.  Here's my situation, and the only thing that can
possibly be causing the problem is a bug with AJP13.

We are using Apache 1.3.x for our SSL handling.  We serve *.jsp requests
through tomcat 3.2.4.

On complete random occasions, when we try to POST to a jsp in a secure
context, we get a "Page Can Not Be Displayed" Error.

No errors or information anywhere in the logs.  This never happens with HTML
pages that we have seen, only jsp's.

So the only thing I can imagine is that AJP13 must have some bug with SSL
that causes this problem, can anyone help me out or confirm this?  If this
is the case, what is a good connector for me to try with Apache 1.9.x and
Tomcat 3.2.4?

Thanks!

Brandon