Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Costa Basil <co...@yahoo.ca> on 2006/03/08 01:20:47 UTC

problem with tree2 plus/minus images

I use myfaces 1.1.1. Here is my tree2 tag:

              <t:tree2 id="contactsTree" binding="#{contacts$contactRelations.tree}" value="#{contacts$contactRelations.treeData}" var="node" varNodeToggler="t"
              imageLocation="../../images/tree" javascriptLocation="../../js" clientSideToggle="true" preserveToggle="true">
                <f:facet name="leaf">
                  <h:panelGroup>
                    <h:outputText value="#{node.description}"/>
                  </h:panelGroup>
                </f:facet>
                <f:facet name="folder">
                  <h:panelGroup>
                    <h:outputText value="#{node.description}"/>
                  </h:panelGroup>
                </f:facet>
              </t:tree2>

The problem that I have is that when I click on the icon to expand the node the image is not changed from plus to minus. If I refresh the page the plus/minus images are refreshed properly.

Am I doing something wrong here? I did search the mailing list but I couldn't find anything satisfactory. Some people complained at one point that a relative imageLocation is not working properly but in my case the images are there.

Thanks

---------------------------------
Make Yahoo! Canada your Homepage Yahoo! Canada Homepage

RE: problem with tree2 plus/minus images

Posted by Costa Basil <co...@yahoo.ca>.
Randy, I figured out what the problem is. It is the treeNavClick function, to be more specific it is the line with:

if (navImage.src.indexOf(image1)>=0) navImage.src = image2; else navImage.src = image1;

If you use a relative image path then image1 & image2 will be: '../../images/tree/../../images/tree/nav-minus-line-last.gif' respectively '../../images/tree/nav-plus-line-last.gif', however, navImag.src contains the full path to the image, i.e. http://localhost:7001/app/images/tree/nav-plus-line-last.gif' therefore the test in that line is always false.

To answer your question, I might be asked to change icons.

Randy Simon <ra...@hotmail.com> wrote: Why do you need the imageLocation and javascriptLocation?  Are you not using
the images and javascript that is packaged with tomahawk?

I think that if you do not use the packaged images and javascript then
techincally you do not need the filter.  I would guess that the reason it
does not work is that your imageLocation is wrong.

Randy

---------------------------------

Posted by Randy Simon <ra...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Costa Basil <co...@yahoo.ca>.

Randy Simon <ra...@hotmail.com> wrote: I kind of remember having the same problem.  Did you include the myfaces

Posted by Randy Simon <ra...@hotmail.com>.
I kind of remember having the same problem.  Did you include the myfaces
extensions filter in your web.xml?

    <!-- MyFaces extenstion filter -->
    <filter>
        <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter</filter-class>
    </filter>

    <!-- Define filter mappings for myfaces extensions filter -->
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>