Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Tom Rushworth <tj...@twc.com> on 2023/02/07 01:42:11 UTC

Predefined Variables for File Templates

When creating a file template, I know that there are predefined
variables. For example, ${date}, and ${time}.  Will someone point me to
a list of all the predefined variables that I can use?

Re: Predefined Variables for File Templates

Posted by Richard Grin <Ri...@univ-cotedazur.fr>.
Extract of the link:

You can add the following predefined variables, if needed:

  *

    ${date} inserts the current date, in this format: Feb 16, 2008

  *

    ${encoding} inserts the default encoding, such as: UTF-8

  *

    ${name} inserts the name of the file.

  *

    ${nameAndExt} inserts the name of the file, together with its extension.

  *

    ${package} inserts the name of the package where the file is created.

  *

    ${time} inserts the current time, in this format: 7:37:58 PM

  *

    ${user} inserts the user name.

Posted by Tom Rushworth <tj...@twc.com>.
Only some of them are there.  I previously used a variable for project
name.  I can't find that one.  Thanks for the start. I was just hoping
for a more complete list.

Tom

Posted by John Lavelle <jo...@jql.co.uk>.

Posted by Tom Rushworth <tj...@twc.com>.