Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by colinc <co...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2017/09/14 17:12:49 UTC

Re: Error : Commit produced a runtime exception

I am experiencing the same problem with Ignite 2.1 when I have persistence
configured. I can start a single node successfully (I have 1M entries
persisted) but a second identical node fails with the error.

SEVERE: Failed to reinitialize local partitions (preloading will be
stopped): GridDhtPartitionExchangeId [topVer=AffinityTopologyVersion
[topVer=2, minorTopVer=0], nodeId=424cc634, evt=NODE_JOINED]
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
	at sun.misc.Unsafe.allocateMemory(Native Method)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.GridUnsafe.allocateMemory(GridUnsafe.java:1054)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.mem.unsafe.UnsafeMemoryProvider.nextRegion(UnsafeMemoryProvider.java:80)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.persistence.pagemem.PageMemoryImpl.start(PageMemoryImpl.java:276)

I have tried configuring a MemoryConfiguration with a DefaultRegion. I have
plenty of RAM for the data - and indeed the first node starts without
problem.

Regards,
Colin.

Re: Error : Commit produced a runtime exception

Posted by colinc <co...@yahoo.co.uk>.
An update on this - after killing the persistent store and reloading the
cache, I am now able to start more than one node as expected. I don't know
what caused this problem, but I assume it must be something to do with the
state of the store. I have also seen some more clear-cut cases where the
store is corrupted and the error message indicates this - but in these cases
no nodes will start.

Re: Error : Commit produced a runtime exception

Posted by colinc <co...@yahoo.co.uk>.
My configuration is as follows:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
java.lang.Long                            com.bfm.meetup.Portfolio
127.0.0.1:47500..47502