Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Kubiak, Thomas" <Th...@eu.sony.com> on 2005/08/30 08:32:30 UTC

JK Isapi Redirector and IE6 problem

Hello guys.

We have the following configuration:

Server 1:   Tomcat 5.5.9

Server 2:   Win 2003 Server + IIS
            Jakarta Isapi Redirector 1.2.14

All client machines uses MS IE6 with activated "integrated windows
authentification".

Now our problem is, that with active windows authentification the user will
not be "identified" by the server running the IIS and the Isapi Redirector.
The common Windows login window appears, but even when we put in the right
login-data the user can not be logged in. It asks for login data for server
2. Anonymouse access is diabled within the virtual host on the IIS machine.
Integrated windows auth. is enabled.

When turning off that feature in IE6, the login + redirection works ok. But
that's the problem, we need this "integrated windows authentification"
feature enabled for other applications.

We use this code to idetify the user:

<%
Response.Cookies("user").Value = User.Identity.Name
Response.Cookies("authorization").Value = "ntlm"
%>

and then redirect to server 1. Server 1 then uses that cookie to confirm the
userlogon.

Any ideas how to get this working with enabled windows authentification ?

Thanks + regards

Thomas

Re: JK Isapi Redirector and IE6 problem

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi Thomas

you'll get a faster and better response if you ask this question on the
tomcat user list. please read http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html.

- robert