Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Fernando Petrola <fe...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/03 14:10:19 UTC

javaflow null assignment bug

I've found a bug at javaflow (reported in
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX-277) related to assign
null  to local variable.
Debugging ContinuationMethodAdapter class I've seen that there are
many lines like this:

    mv.visitTypeInsn(CHECKCAST, value.getType().getInternalName());

Those lines are trying to cast the value popped from stack to the
internal value name, but in case of null values there is no type at
least extracted from value.getType(). Is there a way to know the type
of certain local variable at that point?

regards, Fernando Petrola

Re: javaflow null assignment bug

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
That's probably rather a question to ask on the ASM list :)
Thanks for looking into this.

cheers
--
Torsten