Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2008/08/17 15:03:18 UTC

creating an avalon phoenix sar archive

Hi all,

One of my ant based project output is a sar file.
A sar file for phoenix avalon container is simply a zip/jar file
including jars and any configuration file needed.

Using the maven-assembly-plugin I have been able to generate a zip
including everything I need, but it is named zip and not sar.

Is there a way to create an artifact having a sar extension without
writing a custom plugin??

I also have to "attach" the resulting sar because it has to be deployed
and also to be used by other modules in the reactor.

Stefano

Re: creating an avalon phoenix sar archive

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
2008/8/21 Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>:
> Brett Porter ha scritto:
>>
>> Check out the attach goal here:
>> http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/usage.html
>
> I know the build-helper plugin, but I don't understand how it can help here.
>
> My issue is creating a zip file with a sar extension.
>
> From my understanding the build-helper would simply help me attaching a sar
> to the build once it is created if I don't do this with the assembly plugin
> (the assembly plugin already attaches the generated artifact).
>
> How should I create the sar-named zip?

You can create it as a zip, then attach it with type 'sar', and it
will end up with the correct name in the local repository. If you need
a 'sar' extension in the target directory, at the moment you will
probably need to use the antrun plugin to rename the file.

HTH,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Re: creating an avalon phoenix sar archive

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Brett Porter ha scritto:
> Check out the attach goal here:
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/usage.html

I know the build-helper plugin, but I don't understand how it can help here.

My issue is creating a zip file with a sar extension.

 From my understanding the build-helper would simply help me attaching a
sar to the build once it is created if I don't do this with the assembly
plugin (the assembly plugin already attaches the generated artifact).

How should I create the sar-named zip?

> Otherwise, you'll need to make a feature request for the assembly
> plugin to make the type configurable.

I've already done this, but I'd like to have a solution while I wait for
a release that could not happen at all.

As you start with "Otherwise" I hope I didn't understand your previous
suggestion and that I have another solution in the mean time.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Check out the attach goal here:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/usage.html

Otherwise, you'll need to make a feature request for the assembly
plugin to make the type configurable.

Cheers,
Brett