Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Varuna Seneviratna <va...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/16 19:45:30 UTC

[users@httpd] How to get the webpage modifications displayed without Apache being Restated

I am Using Apache 2.2.17. I have installed apache as a console
aplication.The problem is every time I make a change to a web page I have to
restart apache to reflect that change in the web page.Is there a
configuration setting to be done to make apache to display the changes
without being restated

--
Kind Regards
Varuna Seneviratna

Re: [users@httpd] How to get the webpage modifications displayed without Apache being Restated

Posted by Tig <ti...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 5:45 AM, Varuna Seneviratna
<va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am Using Apache 2.2.17. I have installed apache as a console
> aplication.The problem is every time I make a change to a web page I have to
> restart apache to reflect that change in the web page.Is there a
> configuration setting to be done to make apache to display the changes
> without being restated
>
> --
> Kind Regards
> Varuna Seneviratna

This really is web development basics, try CTRL + SHIFT + R on your
web browser (check your browser help for a force-reload, the key combo
could be wrong). It is not Apache, it is your browser caching the web
page.

If it really is Apache and not the browser, you we need to post some
more details about your Apache set-up.

-Tig