Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Julia Reynolds <ju...@healthstream.com> on 2001/02/05 17:16:06 UTC

no mapping available error

I am getting a "no mapping available" error whenever I use the
struts 1.0 example application in Servlet Mill.  There seems to
be a problem reading the struts-config.xml file, because Struts .5
examples
using action work fine.  Can anyone help?

Julia Reynolds

Re: no mapping available error

Posted by Julia Reynolds <ju...@healthstream.com>.
Servlet Mill is the wretched JSP server we must use with our Persistence
Power Tier EJB server.  It is a horrible app server.  I'll check on the
compatibility issues you mention, which might be a challenge since the
documentation is horrible as well.  We have completely backed away from
using a Struts-config.xml and are now trying to get the .5 example app
working with the action.xml file.  We had everything working in JRUN, but
have now  encountered several problems when deploying to Servlet Mill.  The
latest batch of errors seem to be configuration problems of some kind.

--
In a time of drastic change it is the learners who inherit the future. The
learned find themselves equipped to live in a world that no longer exists.

  H e a l t h S t r e a m,   I n c.
  Julia Reynolds - Systems Developer
  209 10th Ave. South Ste. 450 - Nashville, TN 37203
  phone: (615) 301-3220 - fax: (615) 301-3200

  email: Julia.Reynolds@HealthStream.com
  Web Site: http://www.cmecourses.com

Re: no mapping available error

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Julia Reynolds wrote:

> I am getting a "no mapping available" error whenever I use the
> struts 1.0 example application in Servlet Mill.

I'm not familiar with this server.  Does it support Servlet 2.2 and JSP
1.1?

>  There seems to
> be a problem reading the struts-config.xml file, because Struts .5
> examples
> using action work fine.  Can anyone help?

If this is indeed the problem, there should have been some messages
logged to either standard output or to the servlet context log for your
app.  Were there any such messages?

> Julia Reynolds

Craig McClanahan