Posted to dev@yunikorn.apache.org by Manikandan R <ma...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/16 14:21:08 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Yunikorn release 1.2.0

Hi Everyone,

I would like to start the discussion for Release 1.2.0.

Planned major features:

YUNIKORN-984 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-984>
[Umbrella] User quota tracking
YUNIKORN-1196 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-1196> Upgrade
K8s build dependency Y
YUNIKORN-1275 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-1275> Support
arbitrary resources in namespace annotation
YUNIKORN-1306 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-1306>
[Umbrella] Enhanced user and group handling
YUNIKORN-1 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-1> Support
app/task priority aware scheduling

In addition, minor enhancements and bug fixes has been covered as part of
this release.

There are some open items with target version 1.2.0:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20YUNIKORN%20AND%20%22Target%20Version%22%20%3D%201.2.
0%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20ASC

Please have a look at this list and decide whether it's feasible to
complete them before code freeze. If not, then retarget the tickets
accordingly.

Branching should be done before 20th Jan.

Code freeze date:  25th Jan
RC release date: 1st Feb

Based on the voting process, we can tentatively plan for release Yunikorn
1.2.0 around 1st week of February.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Mani