Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Dmitry Beransky <db...@dembel.org> on 2001/12/12 19:56:07 UTC

various web.xml files

The canned slide/tomcat server has a number of web.xml files, purposes of
which currently elude me.

1. The easiest to understand is the web.xml in
<contentstore>/files/WEB-INF.  This one I understand (I think).
2. Then there is one in <server_home>/slide/conf
3. There is one in <server_home>/server/slide/slide-webdav.war and it look
almost identical to the one in (2).
4. And finally, there is one <server_home>/slide/webapp/slide/WEB-INF and,
definition-wise, it looks identical to the files in (2) & (3).

I'm hoping someone could clarify what these individual web files define and
how they are used by the server.

Thanks
Dmitry

Re: various web.xml files

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
jakarta-slide-1.0.16/slide/*
-> binary package (server side)

jakarta-slide-1.0.16/slide/conf/web.xml
-> just an example (not used)

jakarta-slide-1.0.16/slide/webapp/slide.war
-> slide packaged as web application, drop in a servlet container
(tomcat, jrun, ...)
-> the web.xml inside this war file is then used

jakarta-slide-1.0.16/server
-> pre-configured tomcat4 with slide fully integrated

The simplest way to start is to use the slide.war on standard webserver.

Dirk