Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/27 07:35:18 UTC

Importing pages from Confluence to OFBiz CMS

Still thinking on how to have the best local copy of online help.
One of the things we will miss having a static HTML export from
Confluence in an embedded local web server is the possibility to
search the help content for some keyword.
This feature should be available in the OFBiz CMS (I have read about
it but right now there is no clear evidence in the OOTB OFBiz).

I tried to export a Confluence Space in XML and found out a sort of
hibernate entity dump like this:
---------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<hibernate-generic datetime="2009-02-27 00:06:04">
<object class="Page" package="com.atlassian.confluence.pages">
<id name="id">6524</id>
<property name="parent" class="Page"
package="com.atlassian.confluence.pages"><id name="id">6116</id>
</property>
<collection name="ancestors"><element class="Page"
package="com.atlassian.confluence.pages"><id name="id">6107</id>
</element>
----------------------------------

Would it make sense to think to a Confluence to OFBiz CMS import tool?
A further difficulty/task would be to translate the Wiki syntax used
in Confluence into HTML before storing in OFBiz CMS.
A typical peace of content that can be found in the Confluence XML
exported file is:

--------------------------------------
<property name="body"><![CDATA[h2. Definition: What is it?

A tax authority is legal body usually the state (country) that imposes
a financial levy on business transactions.

h2. What is it used for?

In OFBiz tax authorities are used to calculate where business or
related taxes are due.

Tax setup is very important as it links into the calculated price that
you can charge your customers and also flows through into any related
legal documents that are generated (eg Sales Order, Sales Invoice,
Purchase Order etc).

Each country or region will have specific rules regarding what should
or should not be taxed. There will also be very strict regulations on
how taxable transactions should be recorded and tracked in the general
ledger or chart of accounts.

Tax authority setup allows configuration of the following :
* Income tax
* Value Added Tax (VAT) / Goods and Services Tax (GST)
* Import / Export tax /Custom and Excise Duty
* State, City or County taxes
---------------------------

Where the "h2." and the "*" are wiky syntax formatter.

I would like to discuss with you a possible path to achieve this. May
be some of you has already done something similar.

Thank you,
Bruno

Re: Importing pages from Confluence to OFBiz CMS

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Bruno Busco schrieb:
> Still thinking on how to have the best local copy of online help.
> One of the things we will miss having a static HTML export from
> Confluence in an embedded local web server is the possibility to
> search the help content for some keyword.

[..]

> I would like to discuss with you a possible path to achieve this. May
> be some of you has already done something similar.

It sounds like the AutoExport Plugin is doing something like this.
I've never used it but it is used at the ASF for exporting static
websites from confluence. See
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFEXT/AutoExport+for+Confluence

--
Christian

Re: Importing pages from Confluence to OFBiz CMS

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Is there a reason the web scraper idea won't work? The wiki's markup is
well formed, so it would be easy to pull it down dynamically.

-Adrian