Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "Whitmore, Mattie [USA]" <Wh...@bah.com> on 2016/01/04 17:00:46 UTC

polling nifi status -- nifi reports not running every 10 to 20 min

Hi,

In order to be immediately alerted when/if nifi goes down we are polling bin/nifi.sh status every 5 min.  It is stating that the server is down every 10 to 20 min, however I cannot repeat this message if I ask for a status myself, and the UI does not seem to be experiencing any slowdowns/hiccups/outtage.  Is it expected that nifi might report being down when it actually is not?

Is there a more reliable way to monitor it’s status?

Thank you!

Mattie Whitmore
Lead Technologist

Booz | Allen | Hamilton
________________________

Annapolis Junction, MD

Re: polling nifi status -- nifi reports not running every 10 to 20 min

Posted by Juan Sequeiros <he...@gmail.com>.
Good afternoon,

We monitor our instance through a cron and checking its command output
using service nifi status.

I can only assume that you might have external factors causing the result
to not meet true.
I suggest that you also send the return result to a file to inspect it
closer.

So if you expect "NiFi is currently running" then when it fails I would see
what output was written to a file and see what is there.

And alternative is to monitor it through the nifi API:

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/rest-api

There is a GET /controller/status

Or you can configure a notification service to email its status.

--
Juan Carlos Sequeiros