Posted to community@apache.org by Avik Sengupta <av...@apache.org> on 2003/11/28 08:28:32 UTC

Talk about ASF

Hi,

I have been invited to give a talk on the Apache Software Foundation at
the Linux Bangalore/2003 (http://linux-bangalore.org/2003) which bills
itself as India's premier Linux/OpenSource event.

I hope to give the audience an idea of what the ASF community is all
about. A brief outline of my thoughts for the talk is at
http://www.sengupta.net/pages/ASF.html

I would be keen to get some advise from folks here.. what are the
attributes of our community you would highlight at events like this.

Regards
-
Avik

PS. Feel free to reply individually if you feel this is OT for the list.

Re: Talk about ASF

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
On 28 Nov 2003, at 09:57, Sander Striker wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 08:28, Avik Sengupta wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been invited to give a talk on the Apache Software Foundation
>> at
>> the Linux Bangalore/2003 (http://linux-bangalore.org/2003) which bills
>> itself as India's premier Linux/OpenSource event.
>>
>> I hope to give the audience an idea of what the ASF community is all
>> about. A brief outline of my thoughts for the talk is at
>> http://www.sengupta.net/pages/ASF.html
>>
>> I would be keen to get some advise from folks here.. what are the
>> attributes of our community you would highlight at events like this.
>
> I suggest you have a chat with Stefano, who did a talk at the ApacheCon
> this year about the structure of the ASF:
>
>   http://www.apachecon.com/2003/US/html/sessions.html
>
>   The second plenary on monday.

Find the presentation here

   http://www.betaversion.org/~stefano/papers/AC2003-ASF.pdf

and the whitepaper here

   http://www.betaversion.org/~stefano/papers/AC2003-ASF-slides.pdf

feel free to use.

Ciao.

--
Stefano.

Re: Talk about ASF

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 08:28, Avik Sengupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been invited to give a talk on the Apache Software Foundation at
> the Linux Bangalore/2003 (http://linux-bangalore.org/2003) which bills
> itself as India's premier Linux/OpenSource event.
>
> I hope to give the audience an idea of what the ASF community is all
> about. A brief outline of my thoughts for the talk is at
> http://www.sengupta.net/pages/ASF.html
>
> I would be keen to get some advise from folks here.. what are the
> attributes of our community you would highlight at events like this.

I suggest you have a chat with Stefano, who did a talk at the ApacheCon
this year about the structure of the ASF:

  http://www.apachecon.com/2003/US/html/sessions.html

  The second plenary on monday.

Sander