Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl> on 2013/02/24 14:25:12 UTC

RE: svn commit: r1449428 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/tree_conflict_tests.py

The behavior you describe here for switch has been changed since r1449413, at least as long as you don't pass --ignore-ancestry. (I know that a lot of tree conflict tests do pass this flag though)

I would recommend not calling this a 'repos diff', but something like 'libsvn_repos difference calculation'.
The switch code doesn't use the code that we usually call 'diff', as that is more related to the diff/merge model.

	Bert

Re: svn commit: r1449428 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/tests/cmdline/tree_conflict_tests.py

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
Bert Huijben wrote:

>>  Log:
>>  In the tree conflict tests, enable testing with an incoming file
>>  replacement.  For 'switch', don't test with incoming replacements because
>>  'switch' ignores ancestry in its repos diff (unlike 'update') and so does
>>  not notice replacements.
>
> The behavior you describe here for switch has been changed since r1449413, at
> least as long as you don't pass --ignore-ancestry. (I know that a lot of
> tree conflict tests do pass this flag though)

Thanks for fixing that problem with 'switch'.

I've enabled testing tree conflicts with incoming replacements with 'switch' in r1450582.

> I would recommend not calling this a 'repos diff', but something like
> 'libsvn_repos difference calculation'.
> The switch code doesn't use the code that we usually call 'diff', as
> that is more related to the diff/merge model.

Sure.  I edited the log message.

- Julian