Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jim Coulter <jc...@carolinatrust.org> on 2004/07/27 15:49:52 UTC

Razor Error Message

Hello.

I have recently installed SA 2.63 on a Red Hat 9 box.  It is running well
with one exception.  With every e-mail that SA checks, I get an error output
that says 'razor2 check skipped:  Died at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line 428.  I am
running Razor agents 2.61.

This is confusing because when I run all the razor-admin commands,
everything seems fine.  The Red Hat box is behind a firewall but the
firewall has been opened on the appropriate ports.  I can see razor talk to
it's servers when I am doing the razor-admin command.

Resolv.conf did have to be edited.  I put in the address of the firewall as
the DNS nameserver.  That seems to be OK.

Google search does turn up some similar errors but I can't seem to find a
fix.

Thank you,

Jim Coulter
Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union
jcoulter@carolinatrust.org
1 888 448 2133 x476

CTFCU Disclaimer: The information contained in this message may be privileged
and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you.

Re: Razor Error Message

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 09:49:52AM -0400, Jim Coulter wrote:
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line 428.  I am
>
> This is confusing because when I run all the razor-admin commands,
> everything seems fine.  The Red Hat box is behind a firewall but the

... but can you do a razor-check?  Line 428, in 2.63, is the call to
the check function, so it's returning a failure apparently.

Try running with -D to see what the debug output says.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"DAKA ... for a good night of fasting."         - Theo