Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tomáš Drenčák <to...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/12 11:11:56 UTC

Redirecting

Hi all!

I've two instances of one tapestry application run on one server,
differs in context path. Home page is login screen and I want if user
enters some special login (e.g. demo) then he should be signed in
second instance, otherwise in first instance, of application. There's
a form component with login and password field which invokes doLogin()
listener.

I've achieved this by throwing a redirect exception with specified
location within doLogin() listener. But I can't sign in him (invoke a
listener).

How can I invoke listener method of another application's page with
the same posted parameters?

Thanks
       tomas

Re: Redirecting

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Tomáš Drenčák <tomas.drencak <at> gmail.com> writes:

> How can I invoke listener method of another application's page with
> the same posted parameters?

Have you tried letting your Login page implement IExternalPage? Then
you can call it with parameters telling it to login the user. Of
course, a user could also call that page directly so you need to
consider the security issues.

--
Author of an e-Book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)