Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Raphael Hsieh <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/22 01:47:19 UTC

$mastercoord-bg0

what does the $mastercoord-bg0 represent ? It seems to have much less work
that my bolt spout. Also how can I set the parallelism of this master spout
?

when my other bolts are emitting and acking millions of tuples, this master
spout only emits/acks a couple dozen.

Also currently something in my code is broken and the mastercoord spout is
failing 20, and nothing is being passed through.

Is this mastercoord-bg0 spout acking batches ? How might I go about
troubleshooting this to figure out why it is broken ?

Thanks
--
Raphael Hsieh

Re: $mastercoord-bg0

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
Hi Raphael,

            It looks like you are using TridentTopologyBuilder and
mastercoord-bg0 is a MasterBatchCoordinator spout. Its job is to emit a
tuple with batch 1 or batch 2 etc..  and these tuples goes to the spout
coordinator. I am not able to tell what exactly going by looking at
that UI image. MasterBatchCoordinator expects a tuple to be acked and I
see there are failed tuples under Topology Stats there might be some
errors in your bolts. Look under STORM_HOME/logs/*worker-*.log to see
if there are any errors.

-Harsha

On Thu, May 22, 2014, at 02:18 PM, Raphael Hsieh wrote:

Can somebody explain to me how to interpret what is going wrong with my
topology ?
it seems like there are some tuple being executed somehow, however
there is nothing being emitted from the spout, nothing being acked from
any of the bolts and the mastercoord-bg0 is getting a couple hundred
errors.

What would cause a topology to stop like this ?

Inline image 1

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Raphael Hsieh
<[1...@gmail.com> wrote:

Also is there any way to look at logs for this master coordinator spout
? I'd like to be able to see what exactly is failing. Currently my
mastercoord-bg0 spout says that there are 20 things failing, but there
are no error messages displayed. and I don't see anything when I ssh
into the box and look at logs there.

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Raphael Hsieh
<[2...@gmail.com> wrote:

what does the $mastercoord-bg0 represent ? It seems to have much less
work that my bolt spout. Also how can I set the parallelism of this
master spout ?

when my other bolts are emitting and acking millions of tuples, this
master spout only emits/acks a couple dozen.

Also currently something in my code is broken and the mastercoord spout
is failing 20, and nothing is being passed through.

Is this mastercoord-bg0 spout acking batches ? How might I go about
troubleshooting this to figure out why it is broken ?

Thanks
--
Raphael Hsieh

--
Raphael Hsieh
Amazon.com
Software Development Engineer I
[3](978) 764-9014

--
Raphael Hsieh
Amazon.com
Software Development Engineer I
(978) 764-9014

  Email had 1 attachment:
  * image.png
  *   84k (image/png)

References

1. mailto:raffihsieh@gmail.com
2. mailto:raffihsieh@gmail.com
3. tel:%28978%29%20764-9014

Re: $mastercoord-bg0

Posted by Raphael Hsieh <ra...@gmail.com>.
Can somebody explain to me how to interpret what is going wrong with my
topology ?
it seems like there are some tuple being executed somehow, however there is
nothing being emitted from the spout, nothing being acked from any of the
bolts and the mastercoord-bg0 is getting a couple hundred errors.

What would cause a topology to stop like this ?

[image: Inline image 1]

Re: $mastercoord-bg0

Posted by Raphael Hsieh <ra...@gmail.com>.