Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu> on 2007/03/08 19:13:04 UTC

view after aggregate

I'm just barely getting a handle on cocoon views after
struggling with them for the lucene search interface.

Can anyone tell me how to set up a view to get the
results after a <map:aggregate> but before any
transforms are applied ?   I'm trying to debug
some disappearing content, and cocoon-view=content
doesn't work here -- I'm sure because that's label
is defined for a generator.

-- Steve Majewski / UVA Alderman Library

Re: view after aggregate

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 3/8/07, Steven D. Majewski <sd...@virginia.edu> wrote:

> ...My guess was that the cocoon-view=content was getting propagated
> downward, because what I saw was the equivalent of instead calling:
>
>         <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/{2}.banner?cocoon-view=content" />..

Yes, that's how it works. Try this:

  <map:views>
    <map:view name="a1" from-label="a1">
      <map:serialize type="xml" />
 <map:pipelines>
    <map:pipeline>
       <map:aggregate element="root" label="a1">
With "a1" a unique label that's not used elsewhere.

-Bertrand

Re: view after aggregate

Posted by "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu>.
On Mar 8, 2007, at 2:31 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On 3/8/07, Steven D. Majewski <sd...@virginia.edu> wrote:
>
>> Can anyone tell me how to set up a view to get the
>> results after a <map:aggregate>...
>
> Use <map:aggregate label="xyz">, assuming xyz is defined in <views>
>
> -Bertrand

Didn't work:

First I tried label="content" , since it was already defined.
My pipeline looked like this:

       <map:match pattern="*/*.aggregate">
         <map:aggregate  label="content" element="combine">
           <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/{2}.banner" />
           <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/{2}.menu" />
           <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/{2}.document" />
         </map:aggregate>
         <map:transform src="xsl/combine-html.xsl" >
           <map:parameter name="QA" value="cocoon:/{1}/{2}.vivaQA"/>
         </map:transform>
         <map:transform type="xinclude" />
         <map:serialize type="html" />
       </map:match>

What I get with  *.aggregate?cocoon-view=content is root element
<combine> wrapped around three copies of the same xml document
that those map:part sources should be styling differently.

My guess was that the cocoon-view=content was getting propagated
downward, because what I saw was the equivalent of instead calling:

	<map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/{2}.banner?cocoon-view=content" />

I then tried defining another label "aggregated-content" and using
that, but I get different wrong results. ( I'm not sure I can see
a pattern there yet to guess what it's actually doing. )

-- Steve Majewski

Re: view after aggregate

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.