Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Arvind Pandey <ar...@datamatics.com> on 2007/07/06 07:02:21 UTC

can we change the arrow icon of sortable coloumn of table.

Hi all,

    can we change the arrow icon of sortable coloumn of  t:DataTable by some
other icon?

regards...
Arvind Pandey

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Eric, of course you can do hacks like that but we're talking about "out of
the box" solutions.

By the way I've assigned the related issue to myself.

Cagatay

Posted by er...@novartis.com.

On 7/6/07, Arvind Pandey <ar...@datamatics.com> wrote:

[...]

IIRC, that does not work if you use <t:column/>... only if you use
<t:columns/>

"Cagatay Civici" <ca...@gmail.com>
07/06/2007 03:45 PM
Please respond to
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: can we change the arrow icon of sortable coloumn of table.

Cool, I wasn't aware of that, we should still document this tough:)

Cagatay

On 7/6/07, Bruno Aranda < brunoaranda@gmail.com> wrote:
Actually, it is possible. You can add a facet to the
t:commandSortHeader component:

<t:commandSortHeader arrow="false" ... >
    <f:facet name="ascending">
        <t:graphicImage url="myAscendingArrow.png" border="0"/>
    </facet>
     <f:facet name="descending">
        <t:graphicImage url="myDescendingArrow.png" border="0"/>
    </facet>

</t:commandSortHeader>

You can put whatever you want in the facet (remember though, only one
child in a facet).

Cheers!

Bruno

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I found it myself today, when I had the same issue than Arvind
and I was starting to think the easiest way to extend the renderer...

Bruno

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.