Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Chris Dahl <cd...@yahoo.com> on 2008/01/11 18:03:27 UTC

Handling multiple requests simultaneously in one thread

Hi,

  I am trying to design a custom Apache module that will allow me to efficiently stream data over HTTP to clients. Since many clients will be receiving the same streamed data, I would prefer to not tie up a thread per client, and instead have a single thread serve a group of clients.

  Is it possible to get a single thread in Apache to simultaneously handle multiple requests?

  Are there any modules you know about out there that do something like this?

  How do I hand over the request from one thread to the other without request_rec getting destroyed when the first thread continues with the next request?

  As you may have guessed by now I do not have a lot of experience developing Apache extensions, which is why the question is quite general. I would however be most grateful if someone could provide me some pointers/suggestions or let me know if what I am trying to do is impossible.

  Best regards,

  Chris

Re: Handling multiple requests simultaneously in one thread

Posted by Joachim Zobel <jz...@heute-morgen.de>.
Am Freitag, den 11.01.2008, 09:03 -0800 schrieb Chris Dahl:
>   Are there any modules you know about out there that do something
> like this?

The event-mpm possibly does such things, but I never looked any closer.

Sincerely,
Joachim