Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Cyrille37 <cy...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/12 12:01:45 UTC

Howto get locales's messages from a database

Hello,

I would like to store locales messages in a database.
In my application project, some users can translate messages by them
self to create new locales or change some messages.
It will be better if they can do that online via a web interface.
I think it would not be great and dangerous if they directly edit
messages files, so I need to store messages in a database. With a ORM
like Hibernate and a cache system, performances should be good enough.

Do you know where I've to start ?
Thanks
Cyrille

Re: Howto get locales's messages from a database

Posted by Cyrille37 <cy...@gmail.com>.
Andreas Andreou a écrit :
> Yep, that's the way...
> There's also the wiki!
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/UsingCustomResourceSource

YEAH ! That's it !
Thank you Andreas.

Cyrille.

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Yep, that's the way...

Cyrille37 wrote:
> Cyrille37 a écrit :
>> I would like to store locales messages in a database.
>> In my application project, some users can translate messages by them
>> self to create new locales or change some messages.
>> It will be better if they can do that online via a web interface.
>> I think it would not be great and dangerous if they directly edit
>> messages files, so I need to store messages in a database. With a ORM
>> like Hibernate and a cache system, performances should be good enough.
>>
>> Do you know where I've to start ?
>
> I've found in the hivemodule.xml of tapestry-4.0.2.jar a contribution :
>
> <contribution configuration-id="Infrastructure">
>    <property name="componentMessagesSource"
> object="service:ComponentMessagesSource"/>
>   </contribution>
>  <service-point id="ComponentMessagesSource">
>    Used to provide components (including pages) with access to their
> own localized messages.
>    <invoke-factory>
>      <construct class="impl.ComponentMessagesSourceImpl">
>        <event-listener service-id="ResetEventHub"/>
>        <set-object property="componentPropertySource"
> value="infrastructure:componentPropertySource"/>
>      </construct>
>    </invoke-factory>
>  </service-point>
>
> Should I look that way to implement my need ??
>
> Cyrille
>
>> Thanks
>> Cyrille

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / J2EE Consulting

Re: Howto get locales's messages from a database

Posted by Cyrille37 <cy...@gmail.com>.