Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by CG <le...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/06 16:18:14 UTC

[T5] How to show progress bar (or similar) during the delay of ActionLink ?

Hi all, I have search the mail archive and google to look for this ,
but no luck , not much info on this.

Let me describe the problem first, take Grid as example , when user
click page 2 , it may need to wait for 1-3 seconds (if the server
response is slow) ,  but there is no progress bar or similar effect to
inform user that Action is in progress .

Any example , I have an ActionLink which will clear all the field on
the screen when user click on it. Sometimes, the click take 1-2
seconds to take effect , during the 1-2 seconds , user are not
informed that there is a delay, and they may click on other links or
other components, or even make the 2nd click.

my question how to we do to have a progress bar-like thing to let the
user know that there is delay ..

Thanks ..

CG

Re: [T5] How to show progress bar (or similar) during the delay of ActionLink ?

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
what i did is:

1. clear the div containing data
2. show an animated gif
3. start the action link

When the response come, it will overwrite the animated gif anyway.

the above steps can be made into a mixin so that you can use it easily