Posted to dev@oltu.apache.org by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com> on 2012/01/18 20:01:10 UTC

Amber Oauth Client - was: [tidying-up the SVN space]

Hi Simone,

On Jan 16, 2012, at 4:25 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:

> Hola,
> The question I have is - and please take in consideration today I'm an
> outdated OAuth guy :) - : how hard is putting 1.0a support in current
> 2.0 client?

I have started to give a look at it and evaluated the effort.

So at first glance it seems there is some effort but we probably can reuse something from the implementation of 1.0 we already have.
This is basically what I am think to do:

- create a new module e.g. oauth2-client-extension that has 2 dependencies (oauth-common, oauh2-client)
- create an abstract class/intefrace OAuthClient
- the current OAuthClient will become e.g. OAuth20ClientImpl (extends OAuthClient)
- the OAuhClient10aImpl (that extends OAuthClient) will be contained in the new project (oauth2-client-extension)
- potentially reuse the crypto/signture code of the existing 1.0 implementation (moving it in the new SVN space) in order to support the bullet above (I am not a big expert of Oauth 1.0(a) so I might need some help here)

As a  final consideration we might need the crypto module also in the Oauth 2 implementation. Indeed  while the Bearer token doesn't have any crypto overhead the MAC token  (included in OAuth2 [0])
 should be basically identical than Oauth 1.0(a).

WDYT?

Regards

Antonio

[0] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-v2-http-mac-00

Re: Amber Oauth Client - was: [tidying-up the SVN space]

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 19/01/2012 08:58, Antonio Sanso wrote:
> Hi Pid
>
> On Jan 19, 2012, at 9:49 AM, Pid wrote:
>
>> On 19/01/2012 00:34, Raymond Feng wrote:
>>> Hi, Antonio.
>>>
>>> Good thoughts. BTW, we could also have an OAuthClientFactory that can be used to create version 1.0a and 2.0 clients.
>>
>> One of the original reasons for the spec-api stuff was to provide a
>> common facade for multiple versions of the spec, with an attempt to hide
>> the operations internally.
>
> agreed.
> The only think to take in consideration is that at the moment Amber code style is not really "homogeneous".
> Whit this I mean (I might be wrong here) that the original code (e.g. spec-api) and the 2.0 part (former Leeloo) have been developed separately and for this reason they follow different nomenclature/code style/ etc...
> Now at this point I think we might take the decision of which way we want to follow and adapt the remaining code accordingly.

Yes, maybe we can make a merge/commonality an objective as part of our
planning process.

--

[key:62590808]

Re: Amber Oauth Client - was: [tidying-up the SVN space]

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
> The only think to take in consideration is that at the moment Amber code style is not really "homogeneous".
> Whit this I mean (I might be wrong here) that the original code (e.g. spec-api) and the 2.0 part (former Leeloo) have been developed separately and for this reason they follow different nomenclature/code style/ etc...
> Now at this point I think we might take the decision of which way we want to follow and adapt the remaining code accordingly.

yup, that was part of the purposes of the older "svn tide-up" thread.
proposals?

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.
Hi Pid

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

--

[key:62590808]

Re: Amber Oauth Client - was: [tidying-up the SVN space]

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Antonio.