Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by emailguy <er...@fastmail.fm> on 2008/05/21 20:25:20 UTC

sending email with a tomcat servlet, javamail + james

I'm running tomcat and James on the same machine. Both work independently of
each other. I'm trying to write a servlet that will send an email to
testuser@localhost via James. The servlet code appears to run however, I'm
not seeing the email received by testuser@localhost. The log files for
Tomcat and James contain no errors or are empty. Any suggestions are
welcome. Are there any code examples of this available? This must be a
common thing to do.

Thank you

Re: sending email with a tomcat servlet, javamail + james

Posted by emailguy <er...@fastmail.fm>.

Thank you, problem solved. Great tip, btw. It lead me to realize that James
saves multiple *.*.FileStreamStore files, so I was looking in an old one,
wondering why my new email wasn't appearing.