Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by cr...@yahoo.com on 2001/07/31 18:32:40 UTC

Application Scope

Hi,

  If I declare a bean of scope="application"
can I use this bean again on another JSP?
Basically I want to instantiate a class
for the whole app and then from different
pages access that class. Is this possible?
Because you have to put the bean declaration
in the JSP to be able to use it. And if
I dont redeclare it it complains that my
class is not defined. Can you not access
application defined beans from more than
one page?

  Thanks so much for your help!!!!

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Re: Application Scope

Posted by BillWorker 2i Development Team <bi...@info.com.np>.
Hi

Beans are created only if it does not already exist.

So declaring does not recreate it. It only references the bean with the
same id.

Ashish Shrestha
http://headlines.sourceforge.net