Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Julio Cesar De Salvo <jd...@itechnology.com.ar> on 2004/06/03 16:35:49 UTC

Why not Torque?

Hi,
            I ‘ve been using Torque with Struts for quite a while and
performs very well.
            But I’ve seen that you guys usually uses Hibernate with
Struts.
            Can you tell me what are the dis/ad vantages.

            Thanks

Julio Cesar De Salvo - Project Leader
iTechnology S.R.L. - Ciudad de la Paz 2846 - piso 1
Tel 54 11 4782.6901 / Fax 54 11 4782.6901
<ma...@itechnology.com.ar> jdesalvo@itechnology.com.ar
AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD. La información incluida en este e-mail está
dirigida únicamente al destinatario. Puede contener información
privilegiada, confidencial y que no debe ser revelada. Si ha recibido
este e-mail por error, por favor no disemine, utilice, publique,
distribuya, revele o copie esta comunicación de ningún modo. En cambio,
por favor notifíquenos inmediatamente remitiéndonos este e-mail (incluso
el mensaje original en su contestación), por fax (54-11-4782-6901) o
teléfono (54-11-4782-6901) y entonces elimine y deseche todas las copias
de este e-mail. Gracias.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. The information in this e-mail is intended for
the designated recipient only. It may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please do not disseminate, use, publish,
distribute, disclose or copy this communication in any way. Instead,
please notify us immediately by return e-mail (including the original
message in your reply), by fax (54-11-4782-6901) or by telephone
(54-11-4782-6901) and then delete and discard all copies of this e-mail.
Thank you.

RE: Why not Torque?

Posted by Julio Cesar De Salvo <jd...@itechnology.com.ar>.
I need to have the many-to-many relantionship properly set in the xml
schema file for the torque generation engine, but once it is it works
like charm.

And with the experience I was able to write some tuned sql statements
although Torque lacks of support for stored procedures and triggers.

However, I think I will stick with Torque and encourage everyone to use
it with Struts.

Thanks for the quick response,

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@boxstuff.com>.