Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org> on 2004/03/06 19:09:56 UTC

Status on Woody-->CocoonForms renaming (was: Update CocoonForms flowscript API)

Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Can we also get rid of the original Woody flowscript API as part of
> this process (and replace it with the v2 version)? The original was
> clearly not ready for prime time.
>
> --
> Chris

The first part is done - which means:
 - renaming of all Java classes
 - reflect changes within Flowscripts
 - first run on updating all samples

open
 - Stylesheet for namespace change and change the
   namespaces
 - tidy up samples (get rid of first flowscript implementation, make
   them easier to understand, ...)
 - woody is used at many places (javadocs, parameter names, client-side
javascript)
   --> as I want to learn more about CocoonForms I'll use this
"opportunity" and go
       through all classes and make the updates.

Expect the new block on Wednesday evening (GMT) ;-) as my time the next
three days is very limited.

--
Reinhard

Re: Status on Woody-->CocoonForms renaming

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 07.03.2004 17:43, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> As nagoya seems to down at the moment

Seemed to be a temporary issue with the ISP, other sites did neither
work. Closing and reopening a connection helped.

Joerg

Re: Status on Woody-->CocoonForms renaming

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 17:43, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>

>>On 06.03.2004 19:09, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>>

>>>The first part is done - which means:
>>>- renaming of all Java classes
>>>- reflect changes within Flowscripts
>>>- first run on updating all samples
>>>
>>>open
>>>- Stylesheet for namespace change and change the
>>>  namespaces
>>>

>>As nagoya seems to down at the moment you can find the stylesheet
>>attached. 2 minor issues does it have:
>>
>>- the old problem of namespace clean up. It copies all namespace
>>declarations from input to output, so also the old woody one's. Instead
>>of using <xsl:copy> I could have used <xsl:element>, but you need to
>>define then all needed namespaces in the stylesheet additionally
>>starting with i18n, maybe xhtml and so on. I prefer the post-processing
>>(removing the superflouos woody namespaces) over the pre-processing of
>>the stylesheet as adding additional namespace declarations is more error
>>prone than removing the old ones.
>>
>>- whitespace-only text nodes (other must not be there) between comment
>>nodes are removed when they occur outside the root element. That's a
>>problem of Xalan. Inside the root element those text nodes are copied to
>>the output too. I saw this for form1-bind-bean.xml.
>>

>Wouldn't a simple text based search-and-replace be simpler then an XSLT?

Yes, but I want to provide an Ant task for our users which will do the
transformation. This can also be the infrastructure for future updates
between different CocoonForms versions.
Ant the stylesheet written by Jörg looks pretty simple ;-)

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.