Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hacim Bengali <ac...@freenet-ag.de> on 2006/11/13 10:01:33 UTC

How to configure session replication with a database

We want to use session replication using a database to access sessions
from several servers behind a load balancer.

When a request is sent to the load balancer we do not know which server
actually serves the request. Thus the session data must be up-to-date in
the database at once (at once meaning when processing of the request has
finished, perhaps just before the response is sent)

So far we tested a combination of a PersistentManager with a JDBCStore.
But this combination only persists the session data from memory into the
database store in irregular intervals.

Is there any other implementation of the Manager interface which
accomplishes that? Or a completely different alternative?

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards,
Hacim