Posted to users@flex.apache.org by JP Bader <jp...@zavteq.com> on 2013/03/19 00:27:35 UTC

Re: Apache Flex Update Meeting in Chicago

For anyone interested in watching/participating in tonight's talk about
Apache Flex from Nick Kwiatkowski (@quetwo), or Randori and it's exciting
new announcement from Michael Labriola (@labriola) please sign in here:

https://experts.adobeconnect.com/randori_does_apache/

We're recording, and will post this recording later on.

Regards,

JP

--
JP Bader
Principal

RE: Apache Flex Update Meeting in Chicago

Posted by Mark Fuqua <ma...@availdata.com>.
That link seems to require a password/username.

Mark

Hope everyone gets a chance to watch and enjoy!

JP

--
JP Bader
Principal

Re: Apache Flex Update Meeting in Chicago

Posted by DarkStone <da...@163.com>.
Anyone who has problem with watching the Apache Flex Update Meeting, here is a workaround that I found:

01. Open this url in your browser
https://experts.adobeconnect.com/randori_does_apache/

02. Choose "Enter as a Guest", type your name and press "Enter Room" button

03. Wait until Adobe Connect has finished loading and it shows "The host has ended this meeting. Thank you for attending."

04. Now open another browser tab, and go to this url
http://experts.adobeconnect.com/p6vtdd35kyc/

You will find that the login is no longer required, you can watch the Apache Flex Update Meeting recording now :)

Don't tell Adobe I found this bug, haha!

DarkStone
2013-03-19

Posted by Roland Zwaga <ro...@stackandheap.com>.

--
regards,
Roland

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Pierre Ruijters <p....@gmail.com>.
Hello,
I verified with Adobe support that this recording is not open for general
public but DOES require login. Please unlock the recording for general
viewing
Regards
Pete

Posted by JP Bader <jp...@zavteq.com>.

--
JP Bader
Principal

Re: Apache Flex Update Meeting in Chicago

Posted by JP Bader <jp...@zavteq.com>.

--
JP Bader
Principal

Re: Apache Flex Update Meeting in Chicago

Posted by JP Bader <jp...@zavteq.com>.
It was last night.

--
JP Bader
Principal

Re: Apache Flex Update Meeting in Chicago

Posted by Saleh Abdulawal <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by JP Bader <jp...@zavteq.com>.
>From what labriola spoke about, we should be clear that randori does not
work w/ flex (and I'm not sure it ever will directly). Randori is about
writing in one language, and having compatability output in another (at
least that's how I understood it).  You can write in AS3, use a JS library
w/ code completion intellisense, and have a view generated, allowing your
designer to work w/ html/css, and letting the developer work with the
logic. If you have a pure language framework (i.e. AS3 or c#), then you
could use randori to mixin a JS library and generate a js output.  So in a
sense, if you have an mvvm, or some other pattern, then that should work.

Randori allows you to inject your view into the mediator, meaning you don't
need binding, b/c your mediator knows what to do with what is available
from the view.  Labriola discussed this as some of the influence it took
from Robotlegs.  Maybe this part I'm shortcutting on the discussion, but
there's a lot of power in this framework (and btw, it's apache license as
well, and has vs2010/2012 plugins already available, waiting on the
intellij support).

The databinding I think we are used to seeing from flex is not the same
concept in a js world, and thus this injection model let's us break that
(bad behavior, imo).  Build what you want in your dsl (for now its js or
c#, but more may come), and have a view from any way you want.  In a sense,
it's getting right what adobe couldn't (i.e. get their head out of their
tuchus).  Instead if insisting that designers should write code as well
design, this allows developers to do their thing, and collaborate w/
designers, w/o mudding up the project.

There's much more to this discussion, but this is just me typing up a quick
recap.

Regards,

JP

Posted by Hans Van den Keybus <ha...@dotdotcommadot.com>.

Posted by JP Bader <jp...@zavteq.com>.
No, the recording is here:

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by JP Bader <jp...@zavteq.com>.
The *new* announcement was the ability to write AS projects directly to JS,
with strong typing, ability to use meta tags, and code completion of
various JS libraries, such as Kendo/jQuery/et al (so long as they have good
comments).  It doesn't write frameworks to js, just pure as -> js

The video should now be public.

Thanks,

JP

--
JP Bader
Principal

Re: Apache Flex Update Meeting in Chicago

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.