Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com> on 2004/09/29 22:08:38 UTC

Re: trusted_networks / infered trusted networks / -firsttrusted rbl option HELP!

At 03:42 PM 9/29/2004, Shane Metler wrote:
>I believe the problem to be that the 'trusted networks' is considered any
>IP on our same network, not our specific customer SMTP servers.
>
>I guess my real question is, How can I prevent this case?  This message
>was relayed through an official SMTP server on a static IP!  I do not want
>to flag this as highly suspicious, because it isn't!  The trusted networks
>-firsttrusted option is simply skipping past the Received I wish to be
>checked against the RBLs, and using the Received line a hop down the chain
>instead.  There is not, 'untrusted' setting that I can add specific IP on
>our network that should not be trusted.

There is no "untrusted" setting, however it should not be needed.

If you manually declare a trusted_networks statement, SA will NOT infer any
other trust. SA only infers trust when it's not manually declared.

Sidenote: what SA version are you using? SA 3.0 and 2.6x have different
interpretations of "trusted_networks".